Penis and Virility
The penis is the male sex organ that reaches its full size during
puberty. In addition to its sexual function, the penis acts as a
conduit for urine to leave the body.
The penis consists of a cylindrical shaft with a rounded end called the
glans (head of the penis). The shaft and the glans are separated by a
groove called the sulcus. The entire penis - shaft and glans - is
covered by a continuous layer of skin. The section of the penile skin
that covers the glans is called the foreskin or prepuce.
The foreskin protects the glans throughout life. The glans at birth
is delicate and easily irritated by urine and feces. The foreskin
shields the glans; with circumcision this protection is lost.
An erection results from changes in blood flow into the penis.
When a man becomes sexually aroused, nerves cause penis
blood vessels to expand. More blood flows in and less flows out of
the penis, thus hardening the tissue.
Virility is described as a man’s ability to successfully engage in the
act of copulation i.e. intercourse. This includes having healthy and
plentiful sperm and the ability to attain and maintain a sustainable
erection to allow for satisfactory sexual intercourse. For men, virility
also provides pleasure, bolsters self-esteem and fosters intimacy.
Problems Related to Penis and Virility
Though there are numerous disorders of the male reproductive
system including infertility, a persistent and usually painful erection
(that isn’t caused by sexual stimulation or arousal), delayed
ejaculation, painful ejaculation and retrograde ejaculation (when
semen enters the bladder instead of emerging through the penis),
loss of libido and inability to achieve orgasm, to name a few,
erectile dysfunction (ED) and premature ejaculation (PE)
continues to be the most common complaint related to male virility
and is a major cause of concern to all men today.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
It is the inability to sustain an erection during sexual intercourse.
The condition varies from total inability in achieving ejection, to
sustaining only small ejections. It is also known as impotence.
- Changes in the way you ejaculate
- Bleeding during urination or ejaculation
- Warts, bumps, lesions or a rash on your penis or in your genital area
- A severely bent penis or curvature that causes pain
- A burning sensation when you urinate
- Discharge from your penis
ED has a direct impact on how it affects a man’s life and marriage.
It is said that ED is the cause in two out of five failed marriages.
ED not only affects the man but his partner as well and its impact
can be described as follows:
- Partner Relationship
The man withdraws from his partner emotionally and physically
because of his fear of failure. The partner starts to believe that the
man is losing interest in her and due to this, she suspects that he
may be having an affair as she is particularly vulnerable to fears of
abandonment and rejection. This can have an effect on issues of
trust, intimacy and closeness.
- Men who experience ED can suffer the effects of anxiety,
depression, low self-esteem and decrease in quality of life. They
fear that any physical affection will precipitate a request or desire
for intercourse from their partners and remind them of their
inability to achieve an erection.
- Functional Issues
The inability to function sexually can impact the role a man plays
in the world, thus taking away his identity. Therefore, the loss of
erectile capability can have a profound effect on a man and can
lead to feelings of dissatisfaction with life and add to his stress.
- Premature Ejaculation (PE)
Premature ejaculation occurs when a man ejaculates sooner
during sexual intercourse than he or his partner would like.
Premature ejaculation is a common sexual complaint. Estimates
vary, but as many as 1 out of 3 men say they experience this
problem very often.
Premature ejaculation can be classified as lifelong (primary) or
acquired (secondary). Lifelong premature ejaculation occurs all or
nearly all of the time beginning with your first sexual encounters.
Acquired premature ejaculation has the same symptoms but
develops after a man had previous sexual experiences without
Symptoms of PE
- The primary symptom of premature ejaculation is the in-ability
to delay ejaculation for more than one minute after pen-etration.
Also, they are unable to delay ejaculation during in-tercourse all or
nearly all of the time.
- Feel distressed and frustrated, d tend to avoid sexual intimacy as a result
- Many men feel that they have symptoms of premature ejaculation, but the symptoms do
not meet the diagnostic criteria for pre- mature ejaculation. Instead these may be
characterized by periods of rapid ejaculation as well as periods of normal ejaculation.
Effects of PE
A common complication of premature ejaculation is relationship stress as in ED. Premature ejaculation
can occasionally make fertilization difficult or impossible for couples who are trying to have a baby.
The exact cause of premature ejaculation isn’t known. While it
was once thought to be only psychological, doctors now know
premature ejaculation is more complicated and involves a
complex interaction of psychological and biological factors.
- Psychological Causes
It is believed that early sexual experiences may establish a
pattern that can be difficult to change later in life, such as:
- Situations in which a man may have hurried to reach climax in order to avoid being discovered
- Guilty feelings that increase a man’s tendency to rush through sexual encounters
- Men who are anxious about their performance and obtaining or
maintaining an erection during sexual intercourse may form a
pattern of rushing to ejaculate, which can be difficult to change
- Biological Causes
A number of biological factors may contribute to premature
- Abnormal hormone levels
- Severe pain after trauma to your penis
- Abnormal levels of brain chemicals called neurotransmitters
- Abnormal reflex activity of the ejaculatory system
- Certain thyroid problems and Inherited traits
- Inflammation and infection of the prostate or urethra
- Nerve damage from surgery or trauma (rare) etc.
- Men over 50 have a longer life expectancy if they have sex at least twice in a month.
- Sexually active couples have fewer fights than others and also percentage of marital discard is less than those compared to others.
- Sex is one of the best cardio exercises and reduces the risk of cardiac arrests.
- Prostate problems such as prostate cancer, enlargement of prostate (BPH) are less in sexually active men compare to the others.
- Sexual activity controls blood pressure.
Virility through Penis Cleanse
In the last 10-12 years, the number of women quoting sexual
dissatisfaction as ground for divorce has doubled and it is one of the
prominent reasons for divorce initiated by women. Women are very
vocal about their sexual feelings and needs these days. A woman’s
capability to have tireless multiple orgasms have made them crave for
more. On the other side, more and more males are finding that they
are not as active sexually as before and erectile dysfunction and
premature ejaculation are a very a common problem with them.
The following cleanses maintain the health of the male reproductive
system not only to have a better sex life but also to live longer.
- Drumstick Flowers in Milk
Drumstick is very useful as a sexual tonic in the treatment of
sexual debility and functional sterility in both males and
females.The drumstick has certain aphrodisiac properties and is
quite effective in erectile dysfunction.
- Drumstick Flower (1.5 kg for a month’s course)
- Milk (250 ml per day)
- Add 15 gm of drumstick flowers in a 250 ml of milk.
- Heat the milk with the drumstick flowers until it boils.
- Allow this mixture to cool down till it is lukewarm and drink it.
- Follow this recipe 3 times daily for one or two months.
- Carrots, Honey and Egg
To treat erectile dysfunction, to delay ejaculation and to develop
sexual desire, this cleanse is highly effective.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey, a half boiled egg and half a cup of finely chopped or grated carrots in a bowl.
- Mix them well and have it once every day.
- Consume this mixture daily for 10 to 15 days to find improvements in your virility.
- White Onions
Onions are well known to have aphrodisiac properties and also help in enhancing libidos.
- White Onions (Approximately 2kg for a monthly course) ●● Honey (500 gm)
- Butter (250 gm)
- Peel a medium sized white onion, crush it and make it a smooth paste.
- Fry this paste in a teaspoon of butter and then add this mixture to a spoonful of honey.
- Take this medicine on an empty stomach or you should not eat for at least two hours before taking this medicine
- Consume it twice a day for a month and you will find remarkable changes in your erections.
- Ginger with Honey
The juice extracted from ginger is a valuable aphrodisiac and
beneficial in the treatment of sexual weaknesses. By decreasing
inflammation, ginger relaxes arteries, thus improving blood flow in
the direction of penis and also helps with testosterone production.
- Raw Ginger (250gm / week)
- Honey (1kg for a monthly course)
- Take cleaned ginger pieces and crush it to make a paste.
- Take two teaspoons of ginger paste and mix it well with two teaspoons of honey.
- Consume this mixture for three times a day for a month.
- Black Raisins
Black raisins are known to be a very good ingredient that helps in improving sexual vigour and general health.
- Black raisins (1 kg for a month’s course)
Asparagus (Musli) Roots
The white musli dried roots of asparagus are known to be an
aphrodisiac and will help in getting rid of erectile dysfunction easily.
- Wash about 30 grams of black raisins in lukewarm water.
- Now boil these raisins in 200 ml of milk and the raisins will get swollen.
- Separate the raisins and milk.
- Now eat these raisins and then drink the glass full of this milk.
- Drink this mixture for three times a day for a month to see effective results.
- Musli (1kg for a month’s course)
- Add 15 grams of dried roots of asparagus to a cup of milk.
- Boil this milk and consume it when it is lukewarm.
- Repeat this process twice a day for a month to see satisfactory results.
Virility Enhancing Foods
Saffron is a well known ingredient that arouses sexual desire and
relaxes your nerves. Consume saffron in food to increase sexual
desire. You can add it to massage oil and apply it all over your
body to relax your nerves and to drive sexual desire. Mix some
saffron in olive oil or almond oil and boil it for 15 minutes and store
it in a bottle. Message the penis regularly with this oil to get rid of
- Water Melon
The summer fruit is high in citrulline, which stimulates nitric-oxide
production and increases blood flow to the penis, strengthening
Bananas are high in potassium, which relaxes blood-vessel walls,
allowing for better blood flow throughout the body. Plus it offsets a
high-sodium diet, keeping your blood pressure in check. Make it a
habit to consume the banana before the act.
Vitamin E, of which almonds are a prime source, also enhances
nitric-oxide production. Almonds soaked overnight in water, are
good for virility.
Note: I have mentioned about various aphrodisiacs. Care should
be taken that they are used in a proper way. They are best if used
in partial raw form. They lose most of their value if roasted or fried.
Excessive use of these spices gives extra load to body, with no
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: My penis has a twist. Is it normal?
Your body is made from two halves welded together.
The two sides develop at slightly different rates before you are
born and that leaves: a slight twist in your penis. It’s called
penile torsion and almost all men have it to a slight degree.
It’s harmless unless your penis twists more than 90 degrees
or a quarter of the way around when it’s flaccid.
- Q.2 My penis leaks during foreplay!!!
A.2 When you’re aroused, your Cowper’s glands (located at the
base of your penis) produce a liquid that lubricates and de-acidifies your urethra so
semen can pass in a healthy manner. The
longer you stay erect, the more of this pre-ejaculate you make.
- Q.3 When erect, does the penis curve like a banana?
A.3 That’s normal. Actually, a straight penis is quite rare. If you
have the typical curve of 30 degrees or less (like a banana),
it shouldn’t cause you trouble.
- Q4: Why the direction of urine flow during urination is not straight?
The problem is with meatus, the opening at the tip of
your penis. Urine spirals out of your urethra quite fast. If
there’s dried mucus, ejaculate or any other irregularity in
the meatus, it can make the stream split or go off cen-
ter. This happens most often in the morning or after sex.
- What is the color of the glans?
The skin on the glans is thinner than the shaft skin, so it
changes color easily in response to blood flow.
Accordingly it may be pink, purple or blue.
- My penis often gets hard for no reason!
Unwanted erections often occur when you become sexually
aroused subconsciously and these are very commonat a
young age. Surprise erections become rare after 30 years.
- My penis shrinks while bathing. Why ?
Penile muscles contract when they’re cold. A gentle tug
can help loosen these muscles and restore some of your
- What is the average length of a penis?
Most men underestimate the size of their penis. Grab a tape
measure and a ruler. Now measure your penis properly
following the instructions below and compare it to size
- Flaccid / Standby length
To check your flaccid length, undress and measure
it immediately. Because a cold or warm room can
cause shrinkage or growth, you need to do this before
room temperature affects your penis. Position the tip
of the ruler gently against the point where the shaft
meets the abdomen. An average length is 3.5 inches.
- Erect length
Get hard and measure it quick. Again, get the ruler on to
your penis as soon as you become fully erect. Now
measure the top of your erection. An average length
here is 5 inches.
- Erect girth
Maintaining your erection, wrap a tape measure around
your penis at its base. An average size here is 5 inches
- Erection angle
With your back against a wall and a mirror in side view,
estimate your angle. A 90-degree angle would point directly
out in front, 180 degrees up at your chin. An average angle
is 120 degrees - slightly up from horizontal.
Note: Only the outer 3 inches of vagina has sexual
sensitivity. So any size beyond 4 inches is only for
structural purpose and not linked to performance.
- My penis drips very often and it embarasses me. What can I do ?
The sphincter muscle that pinches the urethra closed
is about 8 inches from the tip of your penis, so some
urine is always trapped in front of it. A press behind your
scrotum can help you. You can also use a technique
called urethral milking. Simply run your finger along
the underside of your penis to force out remaining liquid.